You know I’m always out here. Looking for it.
But. Oh my.
Sometimes it feels impossible to find.
Usually, I find hope in stories. Often, in poems. Or in Books. The garden. Or the woods. Sometimes, I find hope in the words of a song.
Over the weekend, I heard this one. One of my favorites from way back . . .
It got me thinking . . .
We had so much fun creating our Summer Vibes playlist back in June . . . that maybe . . . we could create another one! Maybe it would make us feel a little bit better if we could put our heads together and create another playlist . . . the Looking for Hope playlist.
I’ve started the list with these 8 songs that always make me feel more hopeful, a little more upbeat:
- (What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding from Elvis Costello
- Imagine from John Lennon
- Three Little Birds from Bob Marley and the Wailers
- I Won’t Back Down from Tom Petty
- It’s My Life from Jon Bon Jovi
- Lean on Me from Bill Withers
- Here Comes the Sun from The Beatles
- Don’t Stop Believin’ from Journey (because can you be from Michigan and not?)
Now, it’s YOUR turn!
Please let me know what songs make you feel better; which songs sound like HOPE . . . to you. (Give me your suggestions in the comments, or send me an email.) I’ll build a playlist from our collective suggestions (our collective hope) and share it here later this month.
Let’s look for hope . . . together.