Happy New Year, my friends.
“Let our New Year’s resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.”
— Goran Persson
I’m taking this week off. My daughter, Erin, and her husband, Keith, are here visiting and I want to make the most of my time with them. I’ll be back next Monday to . . . start your engines.
In the meantime, I have three little reminders/announcements:
- Don’t forget that next week – Wednesday, January 11 – is our Read With Us discussion day and Zoom meet-up for The Marriage Portrait. Please let me know if you’d like to join us for the Zoom. I’ll be sending out link information on January 10.
- If you’re thinking about trying a regular(ish) yoga practice this winter, Yoga With Adriene is launching her latest (free) 30-day yoga challenge today – January 2. (The theme this year is Center.) You can sign up to get daily email reminders and an interactive calendar . . . or you can just visit her YouTube Channel and access the classes there. Remember . . . even though it’s set up as a 30-day program, you don’t have to do it EVERY day for 30 days in a row. You can do it on you own schedule, whenever (and however often) you want to. (She did offer an “orientation” video yesterday to kick things off. The “real” yoga begins today, though.)
- If you’re interested in choosing a one-little-word for yourself this year . . . but don’t quite know where to begin or how to choose a word . . . I have two options for you.
- First, you might want to check out the Ali Edwards One Little Word workshop. Ali offers a year-long, once-a-month “structure” to explore your chosen word. (There is a small fee to participate.) If the workshop seems like . . . a lot of arts-and-products . . . for you, just know that I have done this workshop every year since she began offering it . . . and I have never purchased a product or done the prompts as demonstrated. I just use the workshop as a . . . starting point/inspiration, and I highly recommend it as a great way to get rolling with your word. (Ali has lots of great ideas and a good variety of “exploratory” prompts, including how to choose a word.)
- OR you can check out Carolyn’s blog. Carolyn blogs all year long about her relationship with her word — and she offers monthly prompts, helpful background information (including a 3-part primer and a link to ‘getting started’ and choosing your word). She also hosts a monthly link-up for bloggers sharing their word-experiences through the year.
And, with that, we’re off . . . to see what 2023 has in store for us!
See you next Monday!
Happy New Year, Kym! 🙂 Have an incredible week with Erin and Keith!
Of course, I am eager to discuss The Marriage Portrait… please count me in!
And thanks for that Adrienne link. I am going to circle back to that later today! Now… it is time to undress the Christmas Tree! XO
Enjoy your time with Erin & Keith! I hope you do lots of fun things together. I will be considering a word for this year as I take down Christmas decorations. See you next week for the Marriage Portrait discussion!
Happy New Year, Kym! Enjoy your time with Erin & Keith!
Have a wonderful time with the kids – enjoy!! I’ll look forward to hearing from you next week and, of course, participating in the Marriage Portrait discussion. Happy New Year!!
Have a wonderful week together!
I can’t remember if I told you I’d love to join the book discussion…so I’ll risk replying twice :). Yes, please.
And thanks for sharing the word on one word!
Have a great week! Family is Everything!
Have a wonderful time with Erin and Keith. See you when you get back. 🙂
Have a good time with your family! and I think I can come to the discussion!
What a fantastic way to bring in the new year – ENJOY!!!
Happy New Year! I hope you have a wonderful week with your family!
Have a wonderful week with your family.
Happy new year to you and have a wonderful time with your visitors! I’ll look forward to seeing you back next week and to our RWU discussion!
Happy New Year to you too, have a lovely week with your daughter and s.i.l.
Happy New Year! Thank you for the reminder about the reading group! I have it underlined in my date book. Hope to talk to you, maybe next week?
Happy New Year, Kym!! Have a great week!
Happy New Year, Kym. And yes, please, count me in for the discussion next week. Thanks!
Happy New Year !I’m doing Yoga with Adreinne month long practice–Center. This is my 3rd year doing her January workshop and it’s worth checking out. I think Center is a good word for me this year. Thank you for the reminders!